My sons dad is blackmailing me USING our son!

Jennifer - posted on 03/12/2013 ( 5 moms have responded )




my son is 2 and a half years old me and his dad broke up and arent married. We did not go to court for custody, ive had him for 2 years and finally decided to take him to see his dad because his dad couldnt afford to come here,his dad never gave me a reason not to trust him (he cant leave county cus sis is in trial)so i let him keep our son for 2 weeks and he brought him back and all and then the next time because i wouldnt come be a family with my sons dad he said that i cant see my son. wen i went to pick him up on the date we agreed on he left the house so i couldnt find him. and then i came the next day and he said i cant even see touch or hear my son..thats blackmail theres gotta be a way to get temporary custody right UGH anyone go thru this?


Kelsey - posted on 03/13/2013




Lawyer now! He has legal rights to your child. It may seem like kidnapping to you but he doesn't have to give your child back legally. I went through this with ex boyfriend; he didn't bring my baby home on time and he told me "I'll have him home when he's home." Luckily my ex did bring my baby back home. I couldn't imagine what you're going through.

I would call the cops and get a lawyer asap.


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 03/13/2013




1. He's not kidnapping, and it's not going to be considered blackmail. It's his son as much as it is your son, and he has just as much right to him as you do. You kept him from his father for 2 years, and then "decided" to take him to see his father...why doesn't dad have the same right to have the kid for 2 years?

2. You should have gotten the custody/support arrangements set by the courts. I know, you wanted to be "nice" or whatever, but legal representation is always best.

3. Lawyer up now. He's got every right to go for custody, as do you. The best would be a 50/50 split. But, do try to keep it civil. Its best for everyone that way.

Ev - posted on 03/12/2013




You needed to make a custody agreement when you broke up with him. It would stipulate who had custody, visitation, and child support and would have prevented a lot of these problems. What you need to do now is get a lawyer and file for custody.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms