Name change

Nicole - posted on 03/31/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




I had a child from someone I was messing with and got pregnant while my boyfriend was in jail. When my boy friend got out of jail in order for him to love me a again I had to put my son in his in his name so I did but it was not fair for my real baby father. So when my child turn one my boy friend that was in jail left me and I'm trying to make it right with my child real father and to change his name and it so hard trying to do it and I need help please...


Jodi - posted on 03/31/2015




First, if you loved him, you wouldn't have "messed with" someone else.
Second, if he loved you, it wouldn't have been conditional on you putting him on the birth certificate.
Third, you committed fraud by lying on the birth certificate about who the child's father was.
Fourth, no surprises that the boyfriend left you. Clearly you need to grow up and learn to make some good choices about your life (and so does he), which so far don't appear to be that stellar.

To change the birth certificate into the name of the REAL father, you will mostly likely need a DNA test and have the court order it changed. Or a DNA test from your boyfriend showing he isn't the father.

Is anyone thinking about the child in this scenario?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms