Need a place and financial assistance

Amanda - posted on 12/19/2015 ( 2 moms have responded )




My husband and I recently moved to Gonzales to get my 7 yr. Old child the help he needed in school and in life. We were in Opelousas before and the parish wasn't equipped to offer Ayden the services he needed. Before the move my husband and I were on rocky terms but knew we needed to get our little man help so decided to try to me it work. Since the move nothing has changed. He doesn't help me with the kids in particular Ayden. Ayden has several disabilities and my husband just dissappear and doesn't want to deal with him. At this point I don't want to move bk to Opelousas because Ayden is getting more help here. I do however need to move out with my children somewhere near here but do not have the funds to do so. If I leave my husband I will have no income. I cannot work to do Ayden schedule. He has councling twice a week and has doctors appointments and I have to go to meetings at his school ect... I am at a loss and feel so alone. Ayden has severe hearing loss in both ears and has no impulse control. If anyone knows of anywhere for me to get help with this situation, it would greatly be appreciated. Thanks In advance.

Amanda Patterson


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 12/19/2015




See if the local church can help or find some women's shelters.
This is an international forum so finding someone who knows what is available locally is hard. You need to Google or ask around for help. Even your local charities can help.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms