Need advice

Alicia - posted on 08/03/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




I have been fighting with my daughters father for years about custody. He currently has supervised visitation with his mother being the supervisor. He is supposed to give me results every 60 days of drug and alcohol testing and groups he attends to
Show his Recovery. It's over 60 days and he says he doesn't have insurance so he can't get drug tests but he has aa meetings that he has attended. Do I go to court and file a motion to enforce existing order and modify because his mom on numerous occasions left then unattended and make the courts make him give me the documents? Do I make him file? Do I allow our daughter to go with him? Or no? Please help...


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 08/03/2014




I'm wondering why his Mother is the one supervising visits. I would be insisting on a 3rd party to supervise.
If he hasn't complied with court ordered drug tests then you can go back to court. I would also be requesting a change in the supervised visits.

Ev - posted on 08/03/2014




If you are worried about his not complying with the court orders and that his mother is the one supervising and not following protocol set out in the court orders, then by all means go back to court with proof that he is not complying, that his mother leaves them alone, and so on. You can ask for modification to the existing orders that a 3rd party be the one to supervise the visits not a relative. I have never heard of a relative being the one to do those supervised visits.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms