Need advice, the father of my daughter's baby, her boyfriend, is living with us and I do not care for him.

Renee - posted on 12/30/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I don't find my daughter's boyfriend enjoyable to have livng with me, to say the least. My husband and I feel like we are being used. He does not pay rent and is quite lazy when it comes to cleaning up after himself and sometimes the baby. We won't ask him to move out because it would be hard on our grandson and daughter. We are also affraid they eould all leave snd we would not see them and our daughter would quit college. PLEASE HELP!


Michelle - posted on 12/31/2013




You should have told him before he moved in that rent will be x amount as well as paying towards utilities.
You need to have a family/household meeting and lay it out. Tell them that the weekly mortgage/rent is x and each adult is expected to pay their share. Work out what your bills are and divide it between each adult. It's the fair way and it would be a lot cheaper than if they were on their own.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms