Need Help

Heather Leanne - posted on 04/03/2015 ( 3 moms have responded )




Im a single mom with soul custody of my son,, at birth his dad signed his birthday certificate an gave him his last name.. He's not a farther to my son,, he has absolutely nothing too do with my son,, has been in an out of jail his hole life (he's four) for cdv ,, what is the easiest fastest & cheapest way to change my son's last name too mine?


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 04/03/2015




These are questions for an attorney, and regardless of circumstances, the name change must be petitioned legally through the courts.

Heather Leanne - posted on 04/03/2015




I understand that & thanks 4 your comment but last December the father was arrested 4 cdv 3rd offence high & aggravated & his rights were terminated so what now ??

Ev - posted on 04/03/2015




It should not matter the last name of the child but it has to be done through the courts and a judge has to agree to it and sign off on it. Also the father might have to come in and have his say on this idea too.

So why did not you get child support, visitation and custody set when the baby was finally here? Because in all actuality, unless you have that set in court documents you can not expect the dad to do anything.

If the judge does not allow the last name change then the child can do that when he turns 18.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms