Need some advice on undescended testicle

Amanda - posted on 05/09/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




my 3 year old son Always had regular checkups and has always had both of his testicles. His last appointment they could only find one our family doctor told me he has always felt both and looked back on his charts to confirm so I took him into a specialist and they told me he had undescended testicles! the specialist said he has only seen it with babies that were born with it not getting it at a later age he goes in for surgery in June to correct it. has anyone gone through this that can give me some advice?


Sarah - posted on 05/09/2015




He has what is called retractile testicles. I think your doctor has you on the right by referring you to a surgeon. However, if a surgeon said to me they had NEVER seen this before, I'd go see a different surgeon first. While it is not common, it can happen to adults!
Here is some info from Mayo clinic

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms