non custodial parent

Bonnie - posted on 04/14/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My teenager boy went to live with his dad because I wouldn't allow him to smoke marijuana while my teenage girl remained with me. Ten yrs I raised them both while there out of state dad barely did anything. Now I dont get any contact with my son. Now I am ordered child support I can't afford to depressed and scared.


Michelle - posted on 04/14/2014




Do you earn more than your ex? Do both your children have the same Father? If he earns more than you and is the Father of both then you shouldn't be paying, he would still have to pay you something. It should work that you are paying CS to each other and the person with the greater income ends paying the difference.
I would suggest talking to a lawyer to get proper advice though.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms