not married and not happy, but what should i do about baby Laci?

Jacqueline - posted on 05/13/2013 ( 3 moms have responded )




he thinks he can get full custody of her and leave me out of her life just to make me miserable since im starting to feel like i don't want to be with him. i just want to be happy. we argue too much and it's making a depressed bitter woman. we argue about the dumbest things just because something upsets him, he drags it out the whole day and says mean things to me, brings up the mistakes i made in my past. my pregnancy was miserable and stressful, my 6 weeks off of work was shitty, my birthday was shitty, my mother's day was shitty. is the rest of my life going to be like this?


Dove - posted on 05/13/2013




Unless you have a horrible lawyer or a crappy judge... the only way he would get full custody is if he has solid evidence of you being abusive, using drugs, or otherwise being a threat to the well being of your child. You do NOT have to live like this. No one should 'have' to be miserable their whole life.

My first suggestion is to seek counseling. While the two of you may fight a lot and he may be a royal pain in the butt.... the only person responsible for whether or not you are happy... is you. See if he is willing to go as well as hopefully the two of you can salvage this relationship and make a solid life together for your child. My second suggestion is to talk to a lawyer and find out all the laws in your state and see if you can work up a custody/visitation agreement in the event that the two of you are not able to work out your differences.


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 05/13/2013




Pretty much gonna say "ditto" to Dove's post.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms