Not wanting biological father involved... Help!

[deleted account] ( 5 moms have responded )

So I've been with my boyfriend for a little more than 3 years. We have a son together. A while back we were goin to split up and I cheated. Come to find out my 5 month old son is not his. He was there threw everything. The biological father is pushing to b involved. He manages a strip club sleeps with A LOT of different women. He was a one night stand that has ruined everything. I don't want him involved. He has nothing to distribute to my child's well being. My boyfriend is on the birth certificate and signed paternity papers.


View replies by

Ev - posted on 01/08/2014




I have to say wow as well...WOW!

These ladies are right. You should have had a paternity test done after the baby was born to be sure it was your boyfriends. It would have really made a difference in things for you.

Since you did not do that, the dad has the right to be in his child's life.

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 01/08/2014




You slept with him, he is the biological father, and unless you have solid proof that he would be a danger to the child, you cannot deny him the rights to his biological child.

You probably should have considered consequences of your actions prior to your one night stand. Since a child resulted, you need to suck it up and be an adult. Get support and visitation worked out.

Jodi - posted on 01/08/2014




Wow. Just wow. "The biological father is pushing to b involved". Well, yes, that is his right!! He is the father of this child. It doesn't matter if he sleeps with a lot of different women. You were one of them. You got pregnant. now you have to suck it up. By putting your boyfriend on all the paternity papers, you do realise you forged a legal document, right? You do understand that knowingly putting incorrect information on these documents is a crime, right?

All I have to say is that if he takes you to court, he WILL get visitation. Chances are you will be forced to change the birth certificate too. Good luck.

Belle - posted on 01/08/2014




The only thing u can do is ignore him until he takes u to court then work it out from there. But I'm learning too right now that you're supposed to let the biological father see the kid regardless to ur personal opinion because that's the father. O How we wish we could turn back the time.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms