Oedipus complex

Ivone - posted on 04/22/2010 ( 3 moms have responded )




My adopted 16 years old son is having a very violent Oedipus complex, to the point I don't feel safe with him anymore.
We are debating if we should talk to the police or/and the school, but we are afraid that acction can compromise his future. His psycologist wasn't able to helps figure it out what would be the best action. We have been talking with feel friends but so far not getting much help. Please advise


View replies by

B - posted on 04/13/2014




I know this is a very old post but this is a current issue in our family. I would be interested to find out how your situation is now. If you would care to share what worked/didn't work that would be great - thanks.

Sharon - posted on 04/22/2010




If he actually hurts someone it will be out of your hands.

Do what you need to, to protect yourself. If this means talking to the police - then do so. He is 16 years old and a minor. If he overcomes his issues, then his juvenile record can be sealed or even expunged.

PLEASE don't put off getting him help to save a future he may never have if this were to escalate.

Phyllis - posted on 04/22/2010




If his psychologist could not help, he needs to see a different one. Perhaps one that specializes in sexual issues. Do what you have to in order to be safe in your home. Try to make sure you are never alone with him. This is a serious problem and you need to get him help in any way you can!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms