Parental alienation

Ashley - posted on 11/23/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




Birth mother moved infant to another country
My husbands ex wife moved to another country when his daughter was 6 months old. The courts allowed this as she was able to get her company to transfer her. They separated before she was born and has done everything in her power to keep her out of his life. Once she knew I was in the picture , it magnified. The mother spent thousands on legal fees, begged him to give up his parental rights ( he didn't), tried to destroy him financially, even requested that I never be in her daughters presence ( I'm a great mom to my own children). My husband and I have a son together. I've emailed her to let my husband have a relationship with his daughter and see our son with no reply. he is an amazing father and human being. He's finallly given up, his daughter is now 7. He says when his ex answers the phone ( which is rare), it's too awkward to talk to his daughter as her mother listens to the conversations. I tell him to call and keep trying but I know it hurts him too much, he doesn't want to talk about it anymore. I'm angry he doesn't keep trying, I don't want her to think he abanded her, she's missing out on him as much as he's missing out on her. Every daughter needs a father ( except for abusive situations). our son should know his sister. What more can I do?


Ev - posted on 11/23/2014




Well, if there are going to be countries involved its going to be hard to make one country abide the laws of another concerning custody cases. In the United States each state has its own laws on divorce and custody and most times they are not willing to work out things between the states where the parents have filed custody. Its a big mess. THe best advice for this is to get a lawyer that is focused on family law in the international levels.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms