Parenting Plan in Washington State??

Shadi - posted on 10/08/2015 ( 3 moms have responded )




my youngest son is 11 days old at the moment and the dad of the baby is telling me that he needs my sons birth certificate to apply for a parenting plan.... i myself do not think that is true but honestly cant think of any way to respond to that and I dont wanna give him one but he said that he can get it by law cause he is "On the birth Certificate" But no paternity test was take and the affidavate was never signed and i dont think him being on the birth certificate would even be possible at this point but i am looking for some insite if anyone can help that will be appreciated.
Concerned Mom


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 10/09/2015




If he can prove paternity, he can request the certificate be amended, and then request one.

Get paternity established. Good grief. Not doing so only hurts your kid. Quit making his attempts at getting a parenting plan established hard to do. You should be WILLING to co parent with the man that you slept with, creating this child. After all...he was good enough to have sex with.

Michelle - posted on 10/09/2015




I thought a parenting plan was an agreement between the parents on how to raise their child.
I agree with Jodi though. If he is the Father why are you making life difficult for him? You are bound together for at least the next 18+ years, you better figure out how to co parent ASAP.

Jodi - posted on 10/08/2015




He is the biological father. Why do you have an issue with him being on the birth certificate? Why not just give him a copy of the birth certificate? Why not just cooperate with a parenting plan? The man clearly wants to be in his child's life, why are you making that hard for him?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms