paying child support to the father when he doesn't even have the child

Linda - posted on 05/30/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




I have been paying child support 300 a month plus my son recives a check off of his dads Ss,well I went and got a lawyer,my son wanted to live with me and he wasn't going to school alot of bad things were happening where he was.well I have had my son since may 2 but I'm still paying child support my ex husband hasn't signed the modification papers so he's receiving around 900 a month to just blow and child support told me if the papers were not signed by today I had to pay the whole month of June also.i feel he's taking from my son,and he doesn't care.i asked if he had to pay it back they told me no I'm at my wits end with this.


View replies by

Ashley - posted on 05/30/2014




Contact a lawyer. My stepdaughters mom left her home alone at 2 with her 5 year old brother. My husband wasnt in any position to take her at the time so she was placed with my father in law and his wife and when my husband started to get his life back on track and got a job, they started taking child ssupport and still giving it to the mom. She wasnt even seeing their daughter and had no contact with the caseworkers and would not show up to court dates. Luckily, we didnt have to hire a lawyer but I was on the phone with child support at least 3 times a week for 2 months before they finally stopped giving her the child support money. I was mad as hell that money was being taken away from my kids to support her drug habit. That money should have gone to his dad and stepmom to help support his daughter not to be put in a needle and stuck in the moms arm. Contact an attorney and call child support every day until they stop it.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms