permission from ex to take my daughter on vacation out of state ?

Mrs. - posted on 07/29/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




Hi, I'm trying to take my daughter to Florida for a 3 day vacation however her daddy doesn't speak to me the divorce was very nasty so I'm thinking that If I try take my daughter out of state he would give hard time. We have share physical and legal custody of our daughter... do I need some type of permission from her daddy to take her with me to a different state.? Please advise
Thanks you in advance


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 07/29/2014




What does your paperwork say? This should have been established in your divorce paperwork, regarding custody/visitation, and notification regarding such.

Amy - posted on 07/29/2014




This should of been established when you set up custody and visitation. Since communication is strained I would send him an email of your intent to take a mini vacation and give him a general idea of where you'll be staying and how he can get a hold of you. If it's going to interfere with his time then yes you'll need permission.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms