please help

Kirsty - posted on 11/13/2012 ( 4 moms have responded )




my child is 2 and a half her dad has never bothered with her in 2 years he stoped paying for her signed to change her surnme to mine through deedpoll hes recently told me hes taking me to court to see my child does he have any rights ?


View replies by

Holly - posted on 11/14/2012




get a restraining order for yourself against him.... but take him to court for visitation rights, and explain to the courts that he has terrible bipolar disorder. make it to where he can only see his daughter under supervised visits at a supervised facility, if things turn sour, they will remove him from his daughter... things like this are documented, perhaps if it is documented enough times you can have his rights terminated.

Kirsty - posted on 11/14/2012




He signed over to change her name by deedpoll and when she was couple month old he kept saying he would come for her then never bothered I don't trust him around her as he has bi-polar and his mood can change from nice to horrible in seconds thanks for the help x

~♥Little Miss - posted on 11/13/2012




Yup. He sure does. But let your lawyer know and the judge when he stopped paying child support, and his patterns of neglect in the past. He may only be granted supervised visits until your kid gets to know him.

Like Holly said, if he did not terminate his parental rights, he has paternal rights.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms