please I need advice

Sarah - posted on 10/08/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




The court ordered me and my sons father to claim our son every other year for taxes but our son doesn't even stay with him and he's 2 is there a way I would be able to claim our son every year the father keeps trying to get our sons social security number and I won't give it to him but I won't have any choice at tax time or will I? Please get back to me I just want what's best for my son and his sake.


Guest - posted on 10/08/2014




The only way you can legally claim your son for taxes every year is to go back to court and see if a judge will change the order. If the father is paying child support, he has every right to claim him on his taxes every other year. If he is way behind on his child support, you might be able to get a judge to change it.

He shouldn't need you to give him the social security number. As the father, he should be able to get it himself if you refuse to give it to him.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms