Please read! Father want give me my son back... Please respond

Starr - posted on 07/20/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I let my son stay with his dad for a year due to the fact that his dad father is sick and was bout to die. I wrote a letter stating that he can have temp custody so that he can put him in school and take him to the dr. My son has been with him since aug but I always went to go see my son. I went to go get my son in may but the father ask if he can keep him for the first half of the summer bc they have a lot of family vacations planned. I told him ok but im coming back for him when yall one. I went to go get my son last week and the father wouldn't give him to me and the cops told me that they cant legally take him out of the home. So I had to take a warrant out for him interfering in my child custody. We have a herring for the warrant Thursday. I cant find the letter I got notarized but I do have legal custody. Can someone else tell me what I can or should do by Thursday. We stay in ga also where the law is stated and child born out of wedlock is legally the mothers until the father is legitimize. Thanks


Ev - posted on 07/20/2013




Find that letter then. I am not sure you can get another copy of that letter and get it notarized. You can try. You need to be keeping important documents like that in one spot together so you know where they are. I am not familiar with GA law on custody and so on. But I do know that if you do not have your documents then thee is not much you can do.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms