Running away with my son

Kk - posted on 09/10/2014 ( 3 moms have responded )




I am a single mum, I'm having a hard time dealing with my past. I am in and out of depression but it's time for me to move on.
I really want to just pack my son and I a bag and leave. Leave my current life and family behind.
But I do I run away with my 5yr old child, I don't somewhere to stay or go. I'm currently in Birmingham and want to move to London, but how do I do this in a matter that is going to be responsible and appropriate for my child. I've tried looking for houses and jobs first but never being able to succeed I have given up as it's been over a year and no luck.

Any suggestions would be great, as I am now desperate, I can not tolerate life here anymore.

Kind Regards,
V x


Michelle - posted on 09/10/2014




I'm with Dove, running away doesn't solve your problems, it just transfers then.
I would look at getting counseling for you depression and help in finding ways to deal with your past.
You can't change your past but you can learn to accept the decisions you made and move on. The best things to do is learn from your past and use the experiences to grow within yourself.


View replies by

Dove - posted on 09/10/2014




You can't really run away from your past and depression... those things tend to follow where ever you go since they are usually internal. You might want to first look for counseling resources in the area that you are already living and once you begin to deal w/ your issues you can decide if you are 'running away' from yourself... or simply looking for a fresh start. If it's a fresh start you desire... the counselor that you will be seeing can help you form a plan.

Guest - posted on 09/10/2014




Well, without more detail, we don't know the specifics of your situation, but I think the best place to start is to look at the times you fail and identify the reasons you failed. What kept you from getting the jobs you applied for? What kept you from closing on the homes you put offers in for?
Then work out action plans to overcome those obstacles.

Are you in the US wishing to move to London, England or do you mean one of the Londons in the US? Or is there a Birmingham in England? The reason I ask is because relocating to another country is a much bigger deal than relocating to another city within the same country. You have to understand and follow their policies in order to work and live there if you are not a citizen.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms