Scared and Helpless

Tyra - posted on 08/01/2016 ( 3 moms have responded )




My boyfriend keeps coming home drunk and starting arguments. i ask him to stop and he just keeps going im always holding the baby and hes just screaming at me... sometimes, it gets violent and i have to push him away from me to protect our son and his delicate hearing.. i feel hes my financal support and im scared to leave because i'll lose my house.. what can i do? hes so drunk hes delusional btw he has no idea whats going on half the time.


View replies by

Dove - posted on 08/01/2016




When he is like that... call the police and have them remove him from the home. Do not stay w/ a drunk and violent man... especially w/ a child. Contact your local DHS office to find out what sort of assistance and resources would be available to you.

Personally I do not think you should wait til the next time, but go tomorrow and get some help set up to get you away from him. Have you talked to him about his drinking when he is sober? If he is willing to go to AA and/or rehab and get clean then there might be a chance for this relationship, but unless/until he is willing to get help your number one job is protecting your child and yourself.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms