scared.. child custody

Amanda - posted on 01/06/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




My sons father and I split because he is very abusive towards me in front of my son. My baby is now 5 years old. My ex and I live in two separate states on opposite sides of the US. He filed for a divorce because in my state you can't file a divorce unless your apart for a year. I responded to the petition and now hes trying to take me to trial because he wants my son to have to fly across the country to see him. He is gang affiliated and was a heavy drug user and trafficker. I have no money for a lawyer. I wish I did. Does anyone know what j should do?? Please.. please help me. This man is crazy and Washington state (his state) is working in his favor for some reason. I'm so scared


Ev - posted on 01/06/2014




You have to have proof of his activities before it can be used in court. You need a lawyer in Washington State to help you go through all this. And unfortunate as it is, having a case in two states does not work because they have their own ideas on law in family court.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms