Seven years together, three years apart

[deleted account] ( 5 moms have responded )

He moved on. We weren't happy. Why am I so angry with him? I just want to move on but want to protect my son from and not introduce him to who I dated. He doesn't pay child support until court orders it. Struggling financially, as he lives in my old house with his new girlfriend. I should of waited until my son was old enough to comprehend it better. Our son comes first, but I feel like spilling it out and breaking down in front of him just wanting him to tell me as I'm a good mom as I tell everyone how much of a great father he is. The anger turns into hurtful texts back and forth, never in front of tommy. I'm pretty sure he's getting engaged soon, they seem really happy and I feel like I'm not gonna find the one.


Michelle - posted on 12/22/2015




Have you seen a counsellor? You really need to talk through your feelings and find a way to think of your future and not dwell on the past. You also need to realize you ARE doing a great job as a Mother.
In regards to the texts, don't communicate with your ex unless it has something to do with your child. Your child will learn on his own how his Father is without you having to tell him.
I have been where you are and it's hard but there is someone out there who will treat you how you deserve to be treated but you need to let go of your ex before that person will come into your life. It's not fair on whoever you meet at the moment to have all this pent-up frustration with your ex.
My boys were 3.5 and 1 when I left their Father, they are now 14.5 and 12 and know what he is like. They also have a relationship with him but know if he's been drinking then they can call me to get them. Be strong for your son and keep doing the awesome job you are doing.


View replies by

♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 12/22/2015




Wow...I guess she wanted a pity party instead of constructive advice....

So, I'll say it anyway. Grow up, move forward and GET OVER IT. If one doesn't file for support, custody, and visitation, one cannot expect things to go well...and bitching about it ain't gonna do a damn thing...

Dove - posted on 12/22/2015




lol It's been 3 years.... so yeah, you kind of DO need to get over it. If you can not move on... seek counseling. Stop communicating w/ him except as it relates to your child... Let him live his life and you start living yours.

What else do you expect to hear? Everyone commenting has been divorced... we KNOW it's hard... it can certainly be an emotional roller coaster... but 3 years? You NEED to let yourself heal.

Focus on yourself and your child and don't worry about finding 'the one'... you don't need a man to be complete.

[deleted account]

Why thanks Jodi for your wholesome advice. Let me delete this post now. Thank you for your shitty comment

Jodi - posted on 12/22/2015




It's been 3 years. You need to move on.

It's been 3 years, instead of bitching because he has never paid child support, file for it.

Instead of being upset that he has a girlfriend and is likely to remarry....focus on having a social life for yourself - it's fun!!

Honestly, I am in agreement that you need some kind of therapy. This isn't really healthy for you or your children.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms