Single mom of two, no fathers help

Kayla - posted on 12/04/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




I am a single mom of two and I have came to the point when my baby daddy wants nothing to do with the kids any more. I have a 4year old son and a 2 year old daughter. I am looking for words of wisdom for others on how I should look at the situation or how I should tell my kids, as to why their dad isn't here any more. Father is on ssd and the child support would help, but I have never received any support for 4 years so far.


Raye - posted on 12/04/2015




You can't make the father want to be in his children's lives. If your children ask questions, all you have to say is that he is unable to come see them right now. If they ask why, say you don't know and they can ask him next time they see him. Don't bad-mouth him, and don't give them details that they're too young to understand. However, if he changes his mind later and does want to have a relationship with them, I hope you let him for the kids sake. He could take it to court if you don't.

If you have filed for child support, and they are unable to garnish wages or make him pay since he is on disability, then there's not much you can do. If you are struggling with finances, have you looked into whether you might qualify for government assistance?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms