so concerned pls help

[deleted account] ( 4 moms have responded )

My son started seeing this girl from school they was seeing each other 12 days after they stopped seeing each other she slept with his younger brother who was only 15 this girl is 19 and now calming to be pregant she says its my 18 yr old but I'm beside my self with the fact she would sleep with his brother who was only 15 so what do I do now I think I should get a lawyer and press charges on her I know a dna test could be a danger to the baby while pregnant but 7 months is a long time to know if it is either one of my boys and I feel like she should be in trouble being 19 to sleep with my 15 yr old I'm not sure how the courts look at it when its a boy who was perp on pls any advice would be great a mom lost on what to do I know what my younger son done was wrong bit he is a kid and she is and adult I feel like even tho my boys was foolish she has now committed a crime


View replies by

Dove - posted on 10/20/2015




You don't need to subject this woman to a medical procedure that could potentially harm her child in order to press charges against her for statutory rape. The paternity of the baby and having sex w/ your younger child are completely separate issues.

There is no harm in waiting for the paternity test until the child is born. I get being upset about what happened, but whichever guy is the father of the baby... they will still be the father when the baby is born. Don't pursue the paternity test prior to the innocent child's birth.

[deleted account]

I'm sorry but I spoke with my lawyer today and yes I can force the test rather my 15 yr old was wrong or not in this cause she was the adult she is 19 almost 20 if it was the other way around he would be in jail for rape cause law is no child under 16 yrs of age has the right to consent to sexual acts with anyone else I did talk to my son this girl is to blame she had no right to pick up my kid this isn't a proud mom moment for me yes both my young boys made a mistake and the one who just turned 18 is just that a 18 yr old making choices for his self and made a big mistake for mixing him self up with this girl but my 15 yr old no she had no right

Michelle - posted on 10/20/2015




I agree with Jodi, you can't force her to take the test.
Make a police report but you should also be talking to your 15yo and asking him what was he thinking!!!!
He needs to have consequences as I'm sure he's not completely innocent!

Jodi - posted on 10/20/2015




You can't force her to have an intrusive test at this time, so you are going to have to wait until the baby is born to know the answer regarding whose child it is. However, you still should make a report to the police if you have evidence that she slept with your 15 year old.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms