So i tore......

Emily - posted on 02/11/2010 ( 16 moms have responded )




i tore when giving birth to my daughter

i healed fine

when i had sex for the 1st time it was about 6 months after birth

the 1st few times was fine

then one time it was stinging down where i tore

so when i got home i got a mirror and looked

it was a little tare it looked like

it was on my scar

should i call my ob and get it checked or what

there was no bleeding or anything.

i know this is personal but please give me some ideas if what to do



Liz - posted on 02/11/2010




Heck yeah - No one wants their hoo haa broken - go see your doc, everyone on here is right - tearing that long after birth, something isnt right.

If it hurts and you havent seen your doc yet - soak in a bath with some epsin salts, that helped alot for me. And it sucks, but if your doc confirms NO infection, and they say its okay (dont forget to ask) there are a variety of creams that should help, personally diaper cream worked wonders for me.

No question too personal - my doc informed me that after giving birth any and all modesty pretty much goes out the window for the first couple of months!

[deleted account]

Yes, call your doctor. It could just be the scar tissue stretching, it could be the edges of the scar tissue tearing away from where it has healed, it could be an infection, it could be something completely unrelated, it could be absolutely nothing. But, the best thing is to get it checked out. Even if it is nothing, you are absolutely right to seek professional help.

Kate CP - posted on 02/11/2010




Uhm, yes you should call your OBGYN. You shouldn't be tearing this long after birth. Your scar either didn't heal right or something is wrong.

This conversation has been closed to further comments


View replies by

Carolyn - posted on 02/13/2011




please go to your OB/GYN, the tiniest tears can turn into the most painful infections if not treated. If so, sex? Forget it. :< Go to the dr.

Blackwood - posted on 02/13/2010




When in doubt, call the doc, that way if there is an issue, it can be fixed and if there isn't an issue, you can have peace of mind

Emily - posted on 02/13/2010




there was no bleeding or pain.even after there isnt.. i dont think its an infection cuz i havent had any symptoms of one. like no bleeding, no weird discharge,no burning or pain wjen i pee

Ayla - posted on 02/11/2010




Hmm.... personally if it was me I would wait a few days and see if it heals on its own. If it's only a small tare and doesn't need stitches then it shouldn't be a problem as long as you make sure it's clean, to prevent infection. I'd just try not to stress to much and wait and see what happens. I'm sure it will heal fine.

Meagan - posted on 02/11/2010




oohh yes u should def. call ur OB sumthin lyke happened to me not long after my tear healed. i think maybe 3 or 4 months after it had already healed & everything it opened back up sum when i used a tampon during my period. when it hurts try taking sum Aleve and if u can purchase sum Tucks wipes from the store. it helps alot with pain & irritation...i used em alot after i had my son. if its really hurting i'd try sitting on sum ice packs to soothe the pain.

[deleted account]

Low estrogen can also cause you not to produce natural lubricants, so use lot's of lube next time, my ob-gyn recommended a silicone based for me, as the others have glycerin and that can cause yeast infections.

Nicola - posted on 02/11/2010




Low oestrogen can cause thinning of skin in such delecate areas which can cause tearing but definitely seek advice from doctor!

Katt - posted on 02/11/2010




This is very personal but before I was even pregnant one time my boyfriend tore me a didn't hurt. I went out at got some polysporin and it healed no problem. Funny because I didn't tear while giving birth. In your case though, I'd definitely go to the doctor. It might not have healed properly or an infection could have delayed the healing process.

Ramona - posted on 02/11/2010




Did it bleed? If so did it stop? Does it still hurt? If so then call, if it was just a one time thing, then I wouldn't worry.

Ashleigh - posted on 02/11/2010




Yes I say go to your doctor. See what the doctor has to say since it has been several months since your daughter's birth.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms