stay at home wife to working single mom

Rebecca - posted on 07/14/2014 ( 1 mom has responded )




The recent change in my life seems so huge. I'm living at my parents instead of in my home with daddy and baby. I've never been a single mom. I'm on my own and need work. How am I going to do this?? How am I going to get myself back on my feet and support myself and child? He left me with no job no money and no support. All advice wanted.


Jodi - posted on 07/14/2014




The first thing you need to do is file for child support. He has an obligation to help support his child, it isn't just your job to do it. And only a selfish pig would leave you in a situation where you couldn't support his child.

The second thing you are going to need is support in looking after your child so you can look for a job. Do your parents both work? Are they ever available to help out by babysitting so you can go for interviews, etc? Do you know someone who can help you out with looking after your child? You are also going to have to think about when you do get a job. If there is no-one who can take your child, look around your area for a cheap daycare. Depending on where you love there may also be subsidised community daycare.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms