tax return

Jessica A - posted on 01/28/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




I have 3 children on child support and I have been separated from my ex-husband for almost 6 years now. My question is that would I receive any tax money from him if he fills. He owes me back child support but he also owes child support for another child he has. So I'm not sure if I would get back anything.


♫ Shawnn ♪♫♫ - posted on 01/28/2015




If you don't want to pay money for divorce, and you don't have a support agreement on file with the courts, its highly doubtful that you are entitled to anything of his tax return.

Ask an accountant. If you've been separated for 6 years, this certainly isn't the first time you've filed taxes since the separation.

settlement paperwork will outline who gets to claim the children, etc, for tax purposes, but again, if you haven't filed any paperwork, nothing will be decided.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms