Ashley - posted on 10/08/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




I babysit 3 children weekly in my home for $120 a week. Sometimes less if i don't have them or only have one or two. Two of the children are school age and one stays with me during the day. I am concerned that when grandmother turns in that she pays child care on her taxes, i will have to pay taxes at the end of year to. how much do i need to be taking out weekly for taxes or will i have to pay any at all. Please help i am not good at math!


Sarah - posted on 10/08/2013




Yes you will probably have to pay taxes on what you make. Rule is is if you make more then $600 a year babysitting then you must claim it on your taxes (assuming you are in the US). My best advise would be for you to talk to an accountant. There are certain things you can deduct from your taxes.....such as paper products, soap, cleaning supplies, part of your mortgage or rent, part of your electricity, part of your heat and water, etc. If you buy any supplies such as crafts, toys, etc. for those that you babysit for that can be deducted as well.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms