the father of my son took him and doesnt want to give him back!

Luz - posted on 01/29/2015 ( 5 moms have responded )




not to long ago the father of my son took him and doesn't want to give him back. its been three months almost and he doesn't let me see or talk to him. I have been everywhere to ask for help but the police doesn't want to help. I don't get how is consider fair that , I who has been there since he was born and has looked after him with out his help has the exact same rights as him who only appeared when he felt like it. and really hasn't been in his life at all. I'm scared he might take my son out the country and the police wont do anything about it


View replies by

Raye - posted on 01/30/2015




If you were awarded custody by a court, then it would be kidnapping.
If no custody agreement was in place, then you can take him to court for parental alienation, and you should get custody/visitation rights sorted out at the same time.

Michelle - posted on 01/30/2015




If you don't have court/custody orders then he is able to do what he is legally.
You need to get a lawyer and go to court and get custody and visitation sorted out ASAP. If the police aren't doing anything then I guess you haven't got any legal documents saying you have primary custody.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms