tryn to get my 2 kids back

Rvalencia547 - posted on 08/26/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




hi i have two beautiful kids a 4yr old girl n a 1yr old boy
my current situation is ruff
i had two kids w out been married ,i had left my kids father when my second child was a month old,during that time ive got married n moved w my husband 6yrs away w my kids,i came to an verbal agreement to meet half ways too pick the kids for the weeken so he agreed n did it twice the third time he came for them he decided to call me a day before sayn he wasent going to bring them back,telling me that if i want my kids back i wiil have to divorce my husband or get back w him,he was hurt n upset the fact that i moved on ..the fathers kid is currently on probation for 3 yrs n had went to jail for some duis...
My kids have never been away from me for this long am desperate get my kids back.. i filled all rdy threw court but nothing yet


Jodi - posted on 08/27/2015




You have a verbal agreement. Enough said. You need to have a court order stating your custody and visitation arrangements. You actually had no right just to move 6 hours away from their father in the first place, but what's done is done. However, he also doesn't have to return them to you because you have no legal document saying you have custody.

If you've filed in court for custody, then that's all you can do - you need to get a hearing date. Have you spoken to a lawyer?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms