twins what a shock

Barbra - posted on 04/12/2012 ( 4 moms have responded )




i just found out i was having twins yesterday. i have a daughter who will be two in august and of course their dad is leaving my mother also lives with me i feel lost and confused on how i am going to support my daughter my twins and my mother by myself...


View replies by

Barbra - posted on 04/14/2012




i live in south carolina and im not sure if he is really going to help he did this same thing with our first child and when he came back i really thought he had changed but obviously he hasnt his excuse for leaving this time is that i wasnt home every night to make dinner and have the house cleaned up but i work 9am-7pm and i also have nights classes twice a week so sometimes im not home til almost 9pm. he wants a stay at home wife but we couldnt afford that yet because he had just started working and we were waiting for him to get his raise but instead he decided to leave. he didnt help with my first daughter but he keeps saying he's going to help now. i am excited about the twins though im just trying to get financially stable because i know how hard it was to do it on my own with my daughter and now im going to have two newborns and a 2yr old so i know im in for a rough ride. i cant get child support for these two until they are born so its going to be hard for awhile

Stella - posted on 04/12/2012




You don't say where you are, but I believe in the UK you can ask for assistance from Home Start for help with dealing with your twins and toddler

Even the pregnancy itself is hard going especially with a toddler on the go, I'm 32 weeks pregnant with twins and have a son who just turned 2, so I can vouch for that.

Hopefully you still have some of your stuff from your daughter you can use again, and try and pick other things up second hand. Twins is an expensive business tho, I hope he's going to support you financially at least

Louise - posted on 04/12/2012




Oh Barbra I really dont know what to say. Twins are such a blessing but also twice the financial strain. I hope the father is going to support his children to try and help out. If not then seek legal advice as soon as you can and then ring your local health care/welfare department and ask if there are any benefits that you are entitled to. If you are caring for your mother you may be able to get carers allowance to help pay for her up keep.

This is so much to go through at the same time. I have to say your partners timing stinks!

Medic - posted on 04/12/2012




Why is their dad leaving? But other than that you will be ok, just take things one day at a time and find out what kind of assistance is available in your area. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms