Unmarried boyfriend not on birth certificate takes baby after mom passed


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 11/01/2014




Exactly what Jodi said, all he has to do is a paternity test and he will have the proof he is the Father.
I don't know why people always bring up the unmarried part, you don't have to be married to create a child and be a parent.

Jodi - posted on 11/01/2014




Married or not, on the birth certificate or not, it is still his child and he has the rights. Unless he can be shown to be an unfit parent, he has legal custody of the child. You could dispute it if you chose, but all he needs is to do a DNA test to prove his parentage.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms