Very Hurtful Custody Situation, PLEASE HELP

Morgan - posted on 05/04/2015 ( 1 mom has responded )




Okay my sons father and I have been split up since he was 6 months old and he Is now 4. He won't let me see him and there is a female involved making the situation worse. He has not been very stable and neither have I, I'm only 22 and doing the best I can. We have never been to court so I know I have sole custody...I'm wondering if I can get a police escort? But I'm not rushing because we are in the process of getting a bigger house so both of my sons can either share a room or have their own. I'm leaving details out because I don't want to be judged , I love both of children very much just took some wrong turns and 2 years reformed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


Jodi - posted on 05/04/2015




How do you know you have sole custody? Is that the way it works where you live? In most places, a mother doesn't get automatic sole custody - custody is joint, and the father has just as much right as you do, and the police won't get involved without court documents demonstrating you have sole custody, etc.

What you need to do is go to court and establish custody and visitation.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms