want to start a career in home day care

Sasha - posted on 12/26/2010 ( 3 moms have responded )




want to know if there are any moms who own a home daycare in the state of florida. I live in the state of ny and want to relocate to florida in april. I'm taking a course on childcare specialist and I want to open a child daycare. Want to know if its a long process to get a licence etc.


Renae - posted on 12/26/2010




I dont know the process in US, I am in Australia, here it can be a long process, mostly dependant on what you have to do your house to meet the safetly criteria if you meet the other qualifications and police checks. I looked into it a couple of years ago and would have passed all of the criteria except the house we are currently living in is not suitable and would need too many modifications. Here you also have to prepare your structured learning programs, meal plans etc and have it all approved before you start. It is government regulated which means there must be a government department who looks after the application and licensing process, I would recommend contacting them.

Barb - posted on 12/27/2010




Sasha, i suggest googling whatever county or city you are moving to with the initials SBDC. That stands for Small Business Development Center.

They can help you with networking, getting a license, marketing, advertising, small business loans for setting up your business, business classes, usually for free.

Best of luck to you.


View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms