We are unmarried parents my son bringing his fathers last name is that posible that i can change to my last name?


View replies by

Michelle - posted on 08/18/2012




In Canada you can use your last name it just won't be legal, my son goes by my last name and will legally change his last name when he is 18 if he chooses. If you want to change it legally you would have to get dads permission to change it.

Michelle - posted on 08/18/2012




In Australia you can change a name by deed poll and that legally changes a name. It won't be changed on the birth certificate though. You get another certificate with the new name on it and you have to show both to be able to get a legal document in the new name (passport, driver's license, etc).

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms