What are my options?

Angela - posted on 07/31/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I have been split up from my daughters father for almost 2 years now. For a while, he was doing great. Helping out, taking her saturday nights, working, staying out of trouble...but just recently, he has just done a complete 180. His priorities changed, he is hanging with a bad crowd, he always has some kind of excuse when it comes to paying child support, he just recently failed his UA with his probation officer, and he has become very angry. My daughter loves him more than anything, her eyes light up when she sees him, which is why it is so difficult to make a decision. I know he can be a great dad, but my worry is, how well is my daughter actually being cared for while Im not around? Should I take his rights away to see her? Should I try to do supervised visitation? What are my options??


Dove - posted on 07/31/2012




If he's doing drugs... I'd try for supervised visits... or at least a clean UA before he takes her alone.

The child support thing sucks for YOU, but she doesn't care about the money. She just wants her daddy and you have a responsibility to try and ensure that she HAS a relationship with him... just that she is safe as well.

As far as what your options actually ARE.... you'd have to speak to a lawyer.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms