what can I do for my son and my husband blames me for all of my sons actions he is diagnosed with bipolar and odd


View replies by

Tara - posted on 08/14/2011




I agree with Jane. There is a genetic component in most behavior/cognitive disorders, same with bipolar, so laying it all on your feet is just a douchebag attitude on your husband's part.

Jane posted most of the sites I found for support groups, but I did find one specifically for what they call "conduct disorders" which include things like odd, etc.

Here is the link for you: http://www.conductdisorders.com/

Jane - posted on 08/13/2011




Sounds as if your husband needs a good swift kick. There is a genetic component to bipolar and ODD both, so quite possibly your husband is also bipolar and ODD. If nothing else, you need more information about dealing with your son.

One source of support is the CABF ( www.bpkids.org/ ) which is a group focusing on children and adolescents with bipolar disorder. They have information for you as well as online support groups.

In Chicago area there are a lot of support groups, including these:

National Depression & Bipolar

www.dbsalliance.org - 730 North Franklin Street, Chicago - (312) 642-7243

Depression & Bipolar Support

dbsa-gc.org - 6666 North Western Avenue, Chicago - (773) 465-3280

Depression Bipoler Support Alliance

www.dbsalliance.org - 730 N Franklin St # 501, Chicago - (312) 642-0049

DBSA Chicago South

Contact 1: Min. Paula A. Sanford

Phone: (773) 994-1849

Additional Phone: (773) 719-0227

Fax: (773) 994-1849 (call first)

Email: chicagosouthdbsa@inbox.com

Pristineremodeling - posted on 08/13/2011




and does anyone out there know of any support groups for me again my son has bipolar and odd i live in chicagoland area (far south suburbs)?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms