What can i do when ex wont return my girls?

Renata - posted on 01/28/2013 ( 3 moms have responded )




I need some advice regarding my girls!!! I am a single mum of 5 girls as i have being separated for 6 yrs, my ex keeps on causing problems with me and my girls suffer from it.
He has lied to the system child support and they credit him $42,000 and found myself on the streets had no choice but to hand my girls to him.As time when by he did his best to keep my girls away !!! with the help of my social worker they found me a transional home for me and my girls..
After 5 long months i got my girls back, in the mean time i got to know that my 11 yr old has being sexually abused by his friend, my second eldest has giving me some detail of what has happend to her sister....
I stoped the girls going over there dad's home, but it was very hard to do so beacause they love there daddy, i let them spend school holidays with dad. DHS has being notified but now there saying that i knew about the situation why have i let them go??? my girls where supposed be back in my care 2 weeks ago but he wont return my girls to me.... i am so lost and not knowing what i can do next !!! Please if someone has any idea i much appreciate your help...


View replies by

Dove - posted on 01/28/2013




If you have a court order stating that they are to be with you right now you can call the police and see if they will help you.

I agree with DHS though. If you KNEW your child was in danger over there you should have gone to court and tried to get supervised visitations to ensure their safety.

If the police won't help you and DHS won't help you.... you will need to get a lawyer and go to court.

Ariana - posted on 01/28/2013




Have you called the police? Could you call a social worker and ask them what the necessary steps are where you live?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms