What can my fiance do?

Ashley - posted on 05/02/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




My fiances children ( my soon to be step children) live with their mother. Their mother has a boyfriend and they also have a child together. Though the boyfriend and my fiance do not get along. The boyfriend has threatened my fiance multiple times, and he also talk bad about my fiance ( the father) in front of his children. Not only that the boyfriend is known for abusing children in the past and there have been hints that he is abusing my step children. Also he smokes weed and has been seen by mutual friends smoking crack. I am not sure if he does this in front of the children or not. There have been involvement with child protective services against them quite a few times and always get unfounded. I don't think my step children should be around this man. We have tried taking them to court but court says we need proof. Though we don't have any proof, is there anything that can be done?


Cecilia - posted on 05/03/2013




The truth of it is, it is hard to get the courts to remove children from a mother. That usually works out in our favor. I've known fathers in cases like this. They try and try to do what is right for their children and get no where. You sometimes need to wait for proof. Or wait for one of the accounts to be founded. (eventually it does happen, bad parents will continue to be bad parents)

Depending on the age of the children maybe have them speak up, even if it is to a therapist.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms