What happens if her father doesn't go to legitamize her as his child?

Kate - posted on 05/10/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




My daughters father and I are not together any more, he has not filed to have her legitamized, nor have I gone and filed for child support through court because I was told that after a year, if he does go file, he won't have rights either way. Is this true?


Eva - posted on 05/10/2012




It all depends on where you live. You need to talk to a lawyer. In Canada you can get 1hr of free legal advice as long as the lwyer doesn't have to do any paper work. See if that is available in your area. A lawyer will know exactly what needs to be done and will be able to advice you as to what your next steps should be.

Good Luck, hope this helped.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms