What is the best way to proceed a father cntesting child support?

Kori - posted on 09/14/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




I had my child support reviewed and that ended up in increasing my monthly child support. Now my sons father is contesting the increase and we now have a court date in 2 weeks.

What do I have to do to prepare for this? What papers/documents do I need

to prepare for. He has already lawyered up and they sent me papers about the court date. I have no money to get a lawyer and the local legal aide office has closed down. Any suggestions on this issue are so welcomed.


Vicki - posted on 09/14/2012




you said your child support has been reviewed, who reviewed it? What was the reason for the increase? Is it possible to get any paper work from the place that reviewed your child support to maybe back up your case as to why you are intitled to it? 2 weeks isnt alot of time to prepare for your case with or without a lawyer. Maybe you can go into court and ask the courts for more time to seek councel? Is it possible to find legal aid elsewhere? As for papers to bring maybe proof of rent, proof of expenses proof of your income etc etc....is he fighting it because he cant afford to pay more?

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms