What kind of advice can I give my daughter who is being abused?

Katie - posted on 06/01/2012 ( 6 moms have responded )




I feel so helpless, my daughter is 6 months pregnant and she is walking around with a black eye because her stupid boyfriend doesn't know how to keep his hands to himself! I am so angry and I will be more so if she goes back to him! I went through the same thing with her father and I got the hell out! I wish she would take my advice and throw him to the curb but she says she has no where to go once the baby's here! My house is too small and I would have to have an occupancy permit which they will not give me. How can I help her, I don't know what to do but I want her and my unborn Granddaughter to be safe!


Tara - posted on 06/01/2012




I agree with Little Miss...
Move her in and tell your landlord etc. that it's temporary, you can have overnight guests I am sure, tell them she is visiting for a little while, then get her into a shelter or ship her to a family member.
Go to google, type in "early signs of an abusive relationship" and print them off, give them to her and highlight all the things you see that are signs of abuse. Tell her you love her and that by leaving her own father and his abusive ways, you gave her the best thing you ever could: a safe home. And that she owes it to her own child to do the same.

Also tell her this.
Love does not hurt, Love does not insult, Love does not humiliate, Love does not harm.
Love is a verb, not a noun, it is something you do, not something you have. And Love feels GOOD. Not fearful or afraid or angry, love should fill you up, not empty you.
Good Luck

~♥Little Miss - posted on 06/01/2012




Move her in REGARDLESS of the permit, and call the cops on that women beater! Get her OUT by any and ALL means necessary! If he is like this NOW while she is pregnant, imagine him holding the baby and getting angry. Don't let this happen, get her in your home PERIOD or find another relative that can take her in.

Amy - posted on 06/01/2012




I agree you move her in regardless and then figure it out and maybe that means looking for something together. If you can't provide shelter for her she's likely to go back. Is there another family member who has an extra room for her?

~♥Little Miss - posted on 06/01/2012




Can you pm me or tell us on here where you are living? In the states or in another country? We may be able to provide you with womens shelters also for your daughter.

Sarah - posted on 06/01/2012




Statistically, domestic violence increases during pregnancy. I would suspect this isn't a new problem. Call the police a file charges. Get a protective order against him. Find a place where you could both move together. Get some help from a women's shelter in the meantime, they can help her in ways you can't. Good luck to you all.


View replies by

America3437 - posted on 06/01/2012




Take a ball bat to his ass!!!! I would beat the piss out of him and the whole time I would be asking him how he likes it! I watched this happen to my mom and if any man ever dare put his hands on my daughter he would meat the pure evil side of this crazy bitch!!! Move your daughter in and begin looking for a place where you both can live! What happens when this baby is born and he turns the abuse on that poor baby! Get her out now and then go teach that punk a lesson!!

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms