What should I do?

Tammy - posted on 04/02/2014 ( 2 moms have responded )




I'm a mother of three, I had all of my kids before I was 21. I grew up in foster care and did not have any guidance. At 16 I met my kids father a 23 yr. old ex con, when I aged out of the system I went to live with him and his family. He was very abusive to me. He broke my collar bone, blood vessels in my eye, pulled out my hair, stomped me with his boots, choked me so bad I had a seizure. I stayed with him for three years. I didn't have any family or anywhere to go. I ended up moving to another state, and getting my nursing degree. My ex has taken me to court and won custody because my kids were residents in the state that I moved from. I can not obtain custody unless I move back. I am currently in a good relationship with a man I plan on marrying, but I'm thinking of moving back. My current boyfriend is not willing to move and I don't know if I can continue to live 10hrs away from my kids. Not having any parents growing up makes me want a strong relationship with my kids. My ex is not abusive to my kids just his girlfriends.....What should I do?


Michelle - posted on 04/02/2014




In my opinion, your children come before your relationship. If your boyfriend doesn't realize this and come to a compromise then I would be moving back to be with my children.


View replies by

Carmen - posted on 04/03/2014




Have you thought about taking it further in court? Was the abuse ever reported? Have any of his girlfriends reported it? If so, I'm sure the law would be on your side, regardless of whom he chooses to be abusive towards?

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms