what should i do

Christina - posted on 01/29/2015 ( 3 moms have responded )




I was married to my kids father and we r divorce now he have to pay me child support and I haven't seen any money for two weeks now our kids live with me he wants to buy a truck but he want one of the kids to file tax the last time I gave him to file tax he took the money and he and his woman went to Jamaica and didn't buy the kids beds that y I let him file now he wants one of the kids to file I said no he said hes going to take me to court what should I do cause I don't have money to pay a lawyer isn't just tired of fighting with this man and he has a child with this woman and she is not giving him the child so y he is Harrison me plz help me


View replies by

Raye - posted on 01/29/2015




If he owes you child support, take him to court.

As far as the kids and taxes... If you have 50/50 custody, then you would trade which years you each claim them on your taxes. One parent would have odd numbered years, the other parent would have even numbered years. If the kids primarily live with you, then he has no right to claim the kids on his taxes. Let him take you to court, and get the matter settled.

Michelle - posted on 01/29/2015




You really need to find the money for a lawyer and get the child support court ordered. Until you have it in writing and the authorities chasing him, he will keep you where he wants you.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms