what should i do about his father not paying child support?

Amanda - posted on 11/24/2012 ( 1 mom has responded )




alright moms... my son is 3 and his dad wasnt in his life for about the first year.. then came into it when it was conveniant for him . he wanted him every sencond weekend i wouldnt let him for awhile. then just recently about 2 months ago i let him. my son came home and was very upset called his dad a monster. he told me ther was no room on the bed. mean while his gf her daughter and him slept in the bed while my son slept on the floor ! i was sick to my stomache! he never got another night. now he isnt paying me child support until i let him have him every second weekend. is it wrong for me to keep my son from him till he starts paying.?


Dove - posted on 11/24/2012




Yes. You should have a court order for custody, visitation, and child support set up. If he decides to take you to court... he will get visitation whether he pays you a penny or not. Better to try and work with him, if possible, than to have a battle on your hands. Perhaps you can work with your ex and try to set up supervised visits if you are concerned about your son's safety/well being during visits.

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms