What to do when the father walked out on you and your pregnant but need the paternity test

Devon - posted on 08/11/2013 ( 1 mom has responded )




So I met this guy around February we usually just talked on the phone and text never met up because of school and work.. Well I was still with my ex on the verge of breaking up. My ex and I had sex one last time and ended the relationship and never spoke again, this was after my period in February and almost close to march. I thought I missed my period in March so we had a pregnancy scare I took two test they said no and I waited for my period. On march 11, 2013 is when I FINALLY got my period it was normal and heavy and lasted 5 days. So around March 16 the day after my period ended me and the new guy had sex EVERYDAY maybe even TWICE A DAY. So he was telling me I been acting weird and this is weeks later like sleeping alot and eating and using the bathroom. So its april and on April 8, 2013 I never got the call from mother nature so I went to the doctors the next day and I found out I was pregnant. We were happy because we really liked each other. So to move things up. Now I am confused on who the dad is and so is he. I researched and I know doctors go by your last period, and If I was pregnant by my ex I should be further along and never have gotten my period in March. I tried to explain that to my fiance now and he still is scared and so am I, I had a normal period in March then ever since we had sex I missed my period. My ex drank and smoke heavily everyday and my fiance now all he does is smoke once in awhile. So now I am 21 weeks and will be 22 weeks tomorrow. My fiance has left me pregnant due to because he lost his job and hes homeless now and the paternity of the baby. He says he loves me he just cant offer what he wants to us like he wants to and in the beginning of our relationship he didnt have a job I dont judge I will help you make it just like you will help me and he knows that. I just dont know what to do should I get a court order to get the DNA test? Do you think he will just come back and do what he needs to do? Whats the procedure if the father is on the run?


Cassie - posted on 08/12/2013




Department of Public Welfare may be willing to help you pay for the test so you can get the child support you and your baby are going to need. If you choose not to pursue him for child support, they will not pay for the test. If you apply for WIC (Women Infants and Children program) or Food Stamps, having applied for child support or at least getting the process started is a requirement of these programs. You can apply for all of these at your local Department of Public Welfare for free and the benefits you receive are based on your income. Hope that helps. Good luck!

1 Comment

View replies by

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms