What would you do??

Cindy - posted on 07/09/2011 ( 2 moms have responded )




You are being evicted, do not have a job and no place to live. You can move out of state for 12-18 months so you can go to college, but you would have to give leave your child and give the father temporary custody. What would you do?


View replies by

Rachel - posted on 07/09/2011




I would never leave my child for anything I would go to a shelter first apply for all the assistance you can find and do everything in my power to keep my child. i was homeless with an 18month old and found a friends sofa worked just fine for alittle while till i found a tiny little apartment for me and my son. There is no way I would give up my child for a year to a year and a half. This is your decision but that is what I would and have done. Good luck

[deleted account]

Honestly if it were me I would leave school and and take care of finding a place to live for me and my kids, make sure thats stable enough and then go back to school. You could also check with housing (if where your at has that sort of thing), if your a single mother being evicted you would be bumped up the list pretty quick.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms