child care

Andie - posted on 09/05/2009 ( 4 moms have responded )




i want to start child care in my house. Any ideas on how to go about it????


View replies by

[deleted account]

I was a licensed child care provider for 5 years. To become licensed the state of Illinois required child care classes to be completed and CPR. Once completed you become registered with your state child care listing, which parents look to for child care in their area. Also very important...register with a state food program and you will be reimbursed for food provided for the children. I would suggest accepting state paid for child care from parents (forgot the name of the program) accepting this will guarantee payment from the state for these families. The parent will have a co-payment due to you (accept cash only). You can place an ad in your local newspaper and put flyers up on the cork boards in your local grocery stores. Don't forget to have a contract signed by parents and late fee's if the parents are late picking up the child. Remeber this is a business. If you have any other questions, let me know. GOOD LUCK!

Denise - posted on 09/05/2009




If you Google 'starting an at home day care' you will find a lot of useful will have to get a license, be CPR certified, your home will have to go through inspection and so on.. and for each age group you need different things. etc.

Join Circle of Moms

Sign up for Circle of Moms and be a part of this community! Membership is just one click away.

Join Circle of Moms